worker feedback

koenvereeken
Hi,

I use JGAP with grid functionality, where fitness is calculated on the workers. The workers actually execute (system call) a script that returns fitness (so they can control what they want to calculate).
When something goes wrong on the workers, the only piece of information that can be returned is the fitness, so users always have to consult the worker log files on various machines, which is a time-taking process.

I wondered if there's any way to pass more information from workers to client then only fitness values?
I looked into the EventManager but this will not pass it to the client.

Can you point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance!

Koen Vereeken

Re: worker feedback

Klaus Meffert-5
Koen,

good point, I will have to check that out. If someone on the list has an
early information or idea on that, it is welcome.

Re: worker feedback

koenvereeken
Hi Klaus,

I digged into the code and found a way to do it:

In the evaluate method of a fitness function:

CustomDataObject f;
a_subject.setApplicationData(f);

This data is set to a chromosome that is currently being evaluated, and
will be serialized from worker to client.
Generic approach and seem to work, so no customizing needed.

Best regards,

Koen