question about applyGeneticOperators

Shan He-2
Hi all,

One question is still bothering me. I would be grateful if anyone could answer this question:

In method evolve(Population a_pop, Configuration config) of the GABreeder class, the execution of genetic operators is done by: applyGeneticOperators(config, pop). This function calls operate method of GeneticOperator class:

public void operate(final Population a_population, final List a_candidateChromosomes);

My question is: how a_candidateChromosomes is used to generate the next generation of population? I asked this question because I noticed that the size of a_candidateChromosomes is larger than the size of pop (in my case 2*pop.size()).

Thanks in advance!

Re: question about applyGeneticOperators

Klaus Meffert-5
Shan He,

if more candidates are available than the population's size, then as much candidates as needed are selected.
See class org.jgap.impl. MutationOperator for an example.

Best