mixed-type chromosomes

linuxjetaime
Hi,

I was wondering whether a mixed-type chromosome is possible or has been implemented already.

Here is an example to illustrate what I mean:
you have to select the perfect person in terms of age/weight/sex given a fitness function.

In this case a mixed-type chromosome will consist of:
* an integer chromosome representing age,
* a float chromosome representing weight,
* a boolean chromosome representing sex.

genetic operations should recombine solutions (mixed-type chromosomes) but not mixing the sub-chromosomes.
the age-part chromosome should be recombined only with other age-part chromosomes etc.

any ideas or pointers to information?

thanking you in advance,

a.

Re: mixed-type chromosomes

Klaus Meffert-5
Hello,

this should be possible with JGAP. Use CompositeGene's or try to use
mixed-type genes.

You need to implement (or at least adapt existing) genetic operators, such
as mutation or crossing over.

Re: mixed-type chromosomes

linuxjetaime
I managed to do it but without adapting any genetic operators. only adapting a clone method.
I will post it here when I make sure it works.
thanks

Klaus Meffert-5 wrote