java version

susan al-naqshbandi
Hello,
please i am still having the problem of class not found or let me say it is  a problem with the version of jgap with my java builder....
i want to know the jgap version 2.6 can work with jbuilder4? ....if yes how that will be ...if no what is the requirement in detail of jgap version 2.6 to work? and to program with?....
please i am in a big need to program that .....or to say to solve that and to use this software as a base to my work...
Best Regards to all and specificlly to the one who help me.

SUSAN

RE: java version

Bonhomme

Hi Susan –

Per Dan’s earlier e-mail – the problem seems to the version of Java that you are using, not JGAP or JBuilder.  I don’t use JBuilder 4, but I do use JBuilder 2005 – and I know that JBuilder uses a version of Java to do its compiling.  If you are using the version of Java that was installed along with JBuilder 4, then yes, it is likely to be very old.  I would recommend downloading an updated version from http://java.sun.com (try to stay with the 1.4 series as opposed to 1.5 if you are using JBuilder 4).  Again, I’m not familiar with 4, but I am able to set my java version by right-clicking on my project, going to ‘Paths’ and then selecting the appropriate version that I want to use.  If you still have problems getting it to work, e-mail me directly and we can sort things out rather than clogging the list with dialogue.

Also, although I am a fan of JBuilder, rather than using what I’m guessing is an old version, you might consider downloading the Eclipse IDE (www.eclipse.org).  It’s free and has most of what you’re likely to need – it’s downloadable even with a dial-up modem.  Plus, it works with version 1.5, and I think would also install the latest Java version for you.

Johnathan Kool