checkpointing JGAP

Jonathan Shore
Hi,

I have a long running calibration using JGAP.   I have on occassion had faults with hardware or power, and/or would like to stop a run and be able to restart at the last "checkpoint".

I note that JGAP supports various forms of serialization for classes.   As it stands is it possible for me to save the state of JGAP (ie the chromosomes and configuration) such that I can restart JGAP at the start of generation "i".   I would be saving checkpoints of the state at the end of each generation.

Of course I would restore my own state.   Just want to know the approach needed with JGAP to saftely restore state.

regards

Jonathan Shore
Systematic Trading Group