Weighting a Feature set group

Ghada Soliman

How can i obtain an optimum weight for a feature set group using the Genetic Algorithm?

To simplify this; i have a feature set group for example:

Inputs:

        X = {x(1), x(2),  ..x(n)}

Outputs will be

        w(1) for X

Is this sound possible using JGAP? If not, will you plz help me with any suggestions.

Many Thanks in advance.

Have a nice day.

Best Regards,
                 Ghada Soliman

RE: Weighting a Feature set group

K.-3
Ghada,

I assume, for your problem there exists a function f(X) (or do you mean that with "w(1)"?). If you like to maximize resp. minimize the function for a given set of input parameters, then use JGAP.