Testing components

John Lennon
Hi friends

I am new to JGAP can i know whether it is possible to check step by step implementation using this frame work. For example I have developed the gene and the chromosome as desired but how can i check whether it is giving the correct output. Do i have to implement all other features in order to test it.

Please help me out

Thank you

John

Re: Testing components

Phi-Vu Nguyen
Hi John,

You need to implement your own fitness calculating function (which extends class FitnessFunction). For every generation, you can get the fittest chromosome by calling getFittestChromosome() in class Genotype, then do comparing the fittest chromosome with your desired output. You can also get all the chromosomes in population (Genotype object) in every generation by accessing Genotype.

Hope this would help.

Best,
Phi Vu

On Tue, Oct 15, 2013 at 12:39 PM, John Lennon <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi friends

I am new to JGAP can i know whether it is possible to check step by step implementation using this frame work. For example I have developed the gene and the chromosome as desired but how can i check whether it is giving the correct output. Do i have to implement all other features in order to test it.

Please help me out

Thank you

John

Re: Testing components

John Lennon
Hi,

First of all thank you for the reply sent for my question now i am trying to implement the fitness function and make it work. Still i have doubts on how to make my own configurations where I need to use the cross over function etc. But thanks a lot for the reply as it gave me a good view to proceed.

On Tue, Oct 15, 2013 at 3:19 PM, Phi-Vu Nguyen <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

You can see this link for a sample project: "http://jgap.sourceforge.net/doc/tutorial.html".
Moreover, you can use:
ArrayList<GeneticOperator> arr= new ArrayList<GeneticOperator>(config.getGeneticOperators());
to get the list of genetic operators in the configuration object through which you can adjust all the parameters.

Hope this could help.

Regards,
Phi Vu