Sub types classes

Alessandro Re
Hello,

I'm using JGAP for a GP project, and - first of all - thanks to
developers and contributors.

I am in the need of having a simple hierarchy of types, and I think
that sub-types will do. But from what I saw, in the doc and the
sources, it looks like that sub-type support is partial; for example,
you cannot specify sub types in operators like Add, or Sub, or in
terminals like Variable, but you can use them, for example, in
Terminal.

Why is it so? Is it a design choice or something that will be done in
the future?
Thanks!
~Ale