Re: Trace parents of a chromosome

Anthony Miller-5

Hello,
In my application I need to get for a selected chromosome (actually it will be the fittest, once the evolution has stopped),  the list of all chromosomes that have participated on its generation since the first iteration, that is, its parents, grand-parents, etc.
Any suggestion?

Thx in advance

Re: Trace parents of a chromosome

Jakub Siberski
Store all generations in memory and use custom chromosomes (subclass) that keeps information about parents from previous generation? Than you can just get parents list by search in collection of generations. Unless jgap has this built in (not sure, haven't used library for a long time).

On Thu, Jul 12, 2012 at 3:05 AM, Anthony Miller <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hello,
In my application I need to get for a selected chromosome (actually it will be the fittest, once the evolution has stopped),  the list of all chromosomes that have participated on its generation since the first iteration, that is, its parents, grand-parents, etc.
Any suggestion?

Thx in advance

Pozdrawiam
Jakub Siberski

Re: Trace parents of a chromosome

Hello Anthony,

I think you would have to modify the existing (or implement new) genetic operators to track the changes you want: See CrossoverOperator, MutationOperator, e.g.
In there you can log whatever you want.

The interface IUniqueKey (see interface IChromosome) could be helpful to identify different chromosomes.

Best