RE: Designing a Chromosome

Klaus Meffert
Hello Maeve,

your idead are pointing to the right direction. You could use integers as
alleles encoding the cities as you described. This would be what I would
have done. With such encoding you are on the safe side. There are no
performance issues here. Of course the number of chromosomes is an important
factor to consider. Also the number of genetic operators and natural
selectors is important here. But when using the DefaultConfiguration you
should be doing right.
On the JGAP homepage (http://jgap.sourceforge.net) there are quite some
documents helping getting started. If your questions are not answered there,
please don't hesitate sending them to the JGAp list as concrete questions to
be added to the documentation and we will manage to do this.