Question about genes in jgap

foroogh anoosha
Hello
in programming with jgap, we have some genes that are fixed and don't change along the reproduction process, my question is how the genes must be configured ? And which methods in BaseGene should be implemented carefully?

Yahoo! Shopping

RE: Question about genes in jgap

Klaus Meffert
Hello,

the method applyMutation() should be overridden so that it does not do anything. Then, a gene's allele should not be modified, meaning the gene is fixed. In general: look at the code in your gene class (and superclasses) and search for statetements that modify the allel variable.

For the configuration, use the DefaultConfiguration class and please have a look at the examples provided. Maybe you also find some useful information at the JGAP homepage http://jgap.sourceforge.net.