PreserveFittestIndividual not working

Paolo Pannarale
Dear jgap users, I'm developing an application using jgap and using the
following configuration:

Breeder: org.jgap.impl.GABreeder
ChromosomeSize: 80
MinimumPopSizePercent: 100
PopulationSize: 50
NaturalSelectors (before genetic operators):
NaturalSelectors (after genetic operators):
       org.jgap.impl.WeightedRouletteSelector
GeneticOperators:
       org.jgap.impl.CrossoverOperator
       org.jgap.impl.MutationOperator
FitnessEvaluator: org.jgap.DefaultFitnessEvaluator
FitnessFunction: it.poliba.synbio.ambient.jgap.GenotypeToPhenotype
SelectFromPrevGen: 0.2
AlwaysCalculateFitness: false
KeepPopulationSizeConstant: true
PreserveFittestIndividual: true

Unexpectedly the fittest individual is not preserved between
populations (I can observe reduction of fitness of fittest individual
in the next population). My fitness is between 0 (worst) and 1 (best).
What can I do to preserve the fittest individual?

BR, Paolo

--
‘[M]y work, which I’ve done for a long time, was not pursued  in order
 to gain  the praise  I now enjoy, but chiefly  from a craving after

“Make it as simple as possible. But not simpler”.
(Albert Einstein)

"The best way to predict the future is to invent it".
(Alan Kay)

___________________________________

Questo documento è indirizzato esclusivamente al destinatario.
Tutte le informazioni ivi contenute, compresi eventuali allegati,
sono soggette a riservatezza secondo i termini del D.Lgs. 196/2003
in materia di "privacy" e ne è proibito l'utilizzo da parte di
altri soggetti. Se avesse ricevuto per errore questo messaggio,
La preghiamo cortesemente di contattare il mittente al più presto
e di cancellare il messaggio subito dopo. Grazie.
----
This document is exclusively intended for the stated addressee.
All information therein, including any attachment, are reserved
as per Italian D.Lgs. 196/2003 about privacy, and cannot be used
by third parties. In case you received this message by mistake,
please inform the sender and delete the message afterward.
Thank you.

Re: PreserveFittestIndividual not working

Klaus Meffert-5
Dear Paolo,

could you kindly send me a source code that exposes the problem?

Thanx and best