Population generation and verbose level doubts

Population generation and verbose level doubts

Rodrigo Tripodi
Hi!

I'm using jgap for my mater's project. It's a math problem and I've some doubts.

1) When I get the warning "WARN GPPopulation - Prototype program reused because random program did not satisfy constraints" what does it mean? If the size of my population is, for example, 10 and I get 10 warnings like that it means that all the generated individuals are equal? How could I know which program is this prototype one?

2) How can I set the maximum verbose level for jgap?

thanks in advance.

best,

--
Rodrigo Tripodi
UNICAMP - BRAZIL

Re: Population generation and verbose level doubts

Klaus Meffert-5
Hello Rodrigo,

egarding 1):
This is an issue with random program generation. In case no program can be evolved randomly, that sticks to the syntax of the GP commands and terminals, this message is returned.

Regarding 2)
You can use the log4j.properties file. Open the file and set the log level to DEBUG (instead of INFO, see log4.rootCategory).
Besides, you can add logging to the code. In case you need something special that could be of common interest, please tell me, maybe we can integrate into the JGAP core.

Best