New evolutionary algorithms framework

jfinkels
Hi Klaus (and everyone else),

I'm working on a new framework for evolutionary algorithms (genetic
algorithms, genetic programming, etc.) named "jmona", similar in spirit
to JGAP. For now, the project information site is at
http://www.cs.tufts.edu/~jfinke02/jmona, and the source, some initial
releases, and some more information on building it can be found at the
project's GitHub page at http://github.com/jfinkels/jmona. I'd
appreciate anyone's input who's willing to take a look.

Reasons you might want to use (or help me develop) my new framework:
* Modern language support (i.e., Java generics)
* Modern build process (uses Apache Maven as a build manager)
* Modern source control management (uses git and is hosted on GitHub for
easy forking)
* Modern configuration (easy usage of Spring XML configuration)
* Excellent object-oriented design
* Excellent in-code documentation
* Working towards more abstraction

Let me know what you think.

Jeffrey

Re: New evolutionary algorithms framework

Klaus Meffert-5
Jeffrey,

thanx for sharing your ideas and your project.

My understanding is that the main point is the capability of a framework.
Besides the framework shoule follow a sophisticated architecture, be well
documented and with as few errors as possible. What I do not think is that
important is the type of version control used, the build tool (Ant vs.
Maven: does it really matter for the end user? A developer will normally
setup his project within an IDE).

So my conclusion is that JGAP supports the requirements quite good. JGAP is
a living project and being established since several years.

I am proud enough to say, that it is quite unlikely that you find a project
with as good source code documentation as JGAP has (included about 1400 unit
tests).

>From my point of view, it would benefit more if you contributed to JGAP by
sharing ideas for improvement.