Mutation Rate

sethwrkr
This post was updated on .
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Mutation Rate

Klaus Meffert-5
Seth,

the mutation operator works as you describe.
Why would you need a extremy high precision on specifying the mutation rate?
This makes no sense to me.
Mutation is a random process in the end. Why should it matter if you have a
rate of 6.50000% or of 6.50012%?

BTW: You can write your own implementation of a mutation operator. Do what
you want there.

Re: Mutation Rate

sethwrkr
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Reproduction by neighborhood

Simon Greaves
I'm trying to implement Cellular Genetic Algorithms using JGAP. This implies that reproduction doesn't happen between any two chromosomes, but only between two neighboring chromosomes. Is there something in JGAP that works this way already? I'm looking but I haven't found anything. If not then I suppose I need to implement my own, but I can't figure out if it's a natural selector that I need to implement...

If you could point me to any way of introducing a way for reproduction between chromosomes to be limited by geography.

Thanks a lot

Simon

Re: Reproduction by neighborhood

Klaus Meffert-5
Simon,

good question. I think this is currently not implemented as JGAP core functionality.
But of course you can do an implementation of your own:

1) NaturalSelectors such as BestChromosomesSelector or WeightedRouletteSelector do select, which chromosomes will be passed from the current to the next population
2) Genetic Operators such as CrossoverOperator or MutationOperator change single chromosomes, e.g. by crossing them over or by mutating them.

So it seems as you need at least a custom CrossingoverOperator.

If you have problems during implementation, please let me know.

Best

Re: Reproduction by neighborhood

Mauricio Noda
Distributed JGAP only do crossing over between chromosomes on the same client. And communication between clients is based solely on migration operators. In some sense it is limited by geography.

But a custom genetic operator will probably perform better.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Free Next-Gen Firewall Hardware Offer Buy your Sophos next-gen firewall before the end March 2013 and get the hardware for free! Learn more. http://p.sf.net/sfu/sophos-d2d-feb