Methods

Elias Júnior
Hello people,
First, I want to congratulate the great framework!

I am working with "JGAP" in my monograph.

I am studying all the available methods of "JGAP" but I have some doubts about the concept:

• ThresholdSelector
• BestChromosomesSelector
• CauchyRandomGenerator
• GaussianRandomGenerator
• GreedyCrossover

I tried the 'javadoc' but I was not satisfied because I want a good referencing this beautiful framework. I also did a search on google but perhaps I am looking for the name wrong.
Can anyone help me with the concept of most of these methods?
I am very grateful for the help.

Sincerely,
Elias

Re: Methods

Klaus Meffert-5
Elias,

thanx for your interest in JGAP!
The below mentioned classes are quite simple regarding their code.
By reading the source code you could quickly get an idea of the specific implementations.

E.g. for GaussianRandomGenerator:
JavaDoc: Gaussian deviation serving as basis for randomly finding a number.

Source (excerpt):
  public long nextLong() {
    long result = Math.min(Long.MAX_VALUE,
                           (long) (nextGaussian() * Long.MAX_VALUE / (5.8d * 2)));
    return result;
  }
  /**
   * @return the next randomly distributed gaussian with current standard
   * deviation, will be greater/equal zero
   */
  private double nextGaussian() {
    //scale to [0..1[
    double r = (m_rn.nextGaussian() + 5.8d) / (5.8d * 2.0d);//m_rn is the standard random generator java.util.Random
    return r;
  }

This should be easy to follow.

If you have suggestions on how to make the Javadoc more clearly, please feel free to post some texts. I will add them to the Javadoc.

Thanx and best

Re: Methods

Hello Elias,

please have a look at the examples provided with JGAP. They illustrate the proper usage of the classes and do even show how to implement the TSP.

Do you have a sample application using the method and GaussianRandomGenerator CauchyRandomGenerator.

I'm trying to solve the problem of a Salesman, then in that case how do I boot methods

new GaussianRandomGenerator (?)
new CauchyRandomGenerator (?,?)

was not understandable to me

--
Elias Melgaço Chaves Júnior
"O senhor é meu pastor e nada me faltará"