JGAP: where to put the constraints

seko123
Hi,

I have a question...

A typical problem has an objective function and a set of constraints..

For example
Min wasted volume
Subject to
the boxes fit in the van

I am a bit confused where to put the constraints, specially that I want the population in each evolution to abide to those constraints and produce feasible solutions...

So Do I put the constraints in the fitness evaluate function, or while setting up my initial chromosome or in the evolution...

I also need the cross over and mutation operators to produce legitimate solutions...so please where do I put the constraints?

Thank you =)