JGAP...help please please

seko123
Hi,

I have two questions please...

1- Does jGap support 2D array chromosome...because the chromosome in my case has to be a 2D array

2- Should I put the constraints of my problem in the fitness function or in the sample chromosome creation or in the evolve function or in the constraint checker..I am really confused...please help me :(...I am using jGap for my graduation project

Thank you very much in advance

Re: JGAP...help please please

disgruntled_young_man
1)  You'll have to override the evaluate function and implement this yourself.  I send in two IGPPrograms to my evaluate function and have it iterate over both

2)  fitness function.  as an example from your other thread, "min wasted volume" and "best fit boxes" would be two constraints that you'll check for.  as the values get better so does the fitness value returned

seko123 wrote