Quantcast

JGAP Grid

Sonja Holl
Dear JGAP-Developers,

I want to use the JGAP Framework for my recent work: scientific
workflow optimization. I already implemented some extension for GA usage and its
working fine.
In the next step, I want to use the Grid implementation of JGAP to split all
fitness executions to a Grid infrastructure. In detail, distributed workers
calculate the fitness functions. In doing so, they call an other service, which
in turn runs a Grid job via UNICORE, a grid middleware, on an Grid
infrastructure (e.g. DEISA).
As UNICORE has a very hight security measurement, we will have to drag along the
X.509 certificate of the user. Therefore we want to use trust delegation. To
pipe the trust delegation to the service, I want to extend the class
JGAPRequest and add antoher private field, which I can then use in the worker
class. Is this the right approach or is there any other possibility to transfer
random data (files) between the client and the workers?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
Sonja Holl

--