Quantcast

IGeneConstraintChecker for StringGene

Michael Chan-4
Hi,

I'm having some problems with the gene constraint checker in StringGene.

I have implemented a gene constraint checker and it is used by a few
instances of StringGene inside a nonValidatingSupergene. Somehow, after
calling Genotype.evolve(), the method verify() is not called and hence,
constraints are not checked. The m_geneAlleleChecker variables of the
StringGene instances in the sample population are not null, which is the
condition that needs to be satisfied in order to call
m_geneAlleleChecker.verify(). Am I missing something?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

Michael

RE: IGeneConstraintChecker for StringGene

Klaus Meffert
Hello Michael,

sorry for the delyed answer.
Would you mind providing an example exposing this behaviour? I do believe in
what you wrote, but currently there is too less time providing an example of
my own. And I think an example that could be added to JGAP would help in
ensuring the correctness of future StringGene. After that I would add some
more unit tests also exposing the behaviour to supress bugs like this in the
future.

PS: You could send an example code to my mail address.