How to use a non-random starting point for GP programming chromosomes

How to use a non-random starting point for GP programming chromosomes

Klaus Krogmann
Dear all,

is there an intended way to improve the convergence speed in GPProgramming by providing a kind of initially "predefined" chromosome? I already tried using a prototype program and an GPInitStrategy. As far as I checked the code prototype programs are currently used as a fallback only if the creation of a random GPProgram fails (number of tries exceeds maxTries from config) and GPInitStrategies are returning single CommandGenes only.
It would be sufficient for me if I could provide a set of GPPrograms or ProgramChromosomes for the first generation.

Kind regards,
Klaus Krogmann