Quantcast

Help in implementing JGAP solution

bill fitch
I have written a JGAP genetic program (to solve a model train shunting puzzle if anyone is interested), and now need to implement  that solution in another Java program.

The solution is of the form f1(f2(f1(f3(X)))) where f1 f2 and f3 are user defined functions.

My proposed solution is to send the string "f1(f2(f1(f3(X))))" to my Java program, then run a program to run f1(f2(f1(f3(X)))) with slightly different versions of f1,f2,f3 to run some graphics.

Is there any code in JGAP that I can use to do run f1(f2(f1(f3(X))))? If so which class is it located in?

There is reference in the documentation (Solving Problems using Genetic Programming with JGAP page) to unit tests which presumably use such code, but I am struggling, especially as I can't find the unit test referred to. (where are the unit tests referred to located in the downloads?).

If anyone can refer me to some source code which I could adapt, that would be brilliant.

Re: Help in implementing JGAP solution

Klaus Meffert-5
Bill,

JGAP provides several examples which demonstrate the evaluation of formulae.
See the following directories under JGAP root dir:
* src-3rdparty/examples/functionFinder: starter class FormulaFinder.java:
should exactly do what you need
* examples/src/examples/math: start class MathRunner: like Fibonacci, but
simpler and with Genetic Algorithms
* examples/src/examples/gp: starter class Fibonacci.java: Evolve the
fibonacci function via GP, not exactly what you are looking for but gives a
hint on how to do formula-calculations with Genetic Programming