Genotype.randomInitialGenotype() does not clone the sample chromosome application data

Genotype.randomInitialGenotype() does not clone the sample chromosome application data

Andriy Palamarchuk
I expected the app data from the sample chromosome to be copied whenever the new chromosomes are generated from the sample one.
Is this a valid expectation?

I tracked this down to Chromosome.randomInitialChromosome(Configuration). It creates a new chromosome with new Chromosome(a_configuration, newGenes). Would it be better to clone the chromosome and then set the new genes and configuration?

Thanks,
Andriy

Re: Genotype.randomInitialGenotype() does not clone thesample chromosome application data

Klaus Meffert-5
Andriy,

it was not intended to clone the application data of sample chromosomes.

However, after thinking about it and being inspired by your post, I added
supporting code for that and checked it in to CVS.

PS: Please forgive the delayed answer.