Quantcast

FitnessImprovementMonitor with BooleanThreaded example

FitnessImprovementMonitor with BooleanThreaded example

gururise
Are there any examples of utilizing the FitnessImprovementMonitor with a multi-threaded GA?

The simpleBooleanThreaded example never calls the evolve( monitor ) method directly, so I'm wondering if its even possible to combine a Fitness Monitor with a multi-threaded GA.

Thanks

Re: FitnessImprovementMonitor with BooleanThreaded example

Klaus Meffert-5
Gene,

please find attached a prototype implementation for using an evolution monitor with multithreading (class MaxFunction was not changed, just attached for completeness; hope that Genotype class works with your newest JGAP release, maybe some other changes where made there in the meantime).
A quick first test was positive, but I didn't investigate deeper. If you find something, please let me know.

Best

Are there any examples of utilizing the FitnessImprovementMonitor with a multi-threaded GA?

The simpleBooleanThreaded example never calls the evolve( monitor ) method directly, so I'm wondering if its even possible to combine a Fitness Monitor with a multi-threaded GA.

Thanks

Genotype.java (25K) Download Attachment
SimpleExample.java (3K) Download Attachment
MaxFunction.java (1K) Download Attachment