FW: Using JGAP to evolve music

Johnny Rico

Hi!

HELP!
I'm a newbie in Java and I'm trying to use GA with music. I would like to use this fantastic JGAP framework, but I'm getting a little discouraged, because I can't establish a comparison between the examples and what I want my JAVA program to do.

For instance, I want the user to assign the fitness value of certain GA created melodies. How can I do that? All the examples demand you to build the fitness function
.

Does anyone got some simple examples of JGAP application with music?

Thanks!

Re: FW: Using JGAP to evolve music

Klaus Meffert-5
Hi Johnny,

you always need a fitness function for a GA!
In your case the fitness function pops up a dialog that asks the user for quality feedback about the music created.

Best