Duplicate chromosomes after running a natural selector.

Duplicate chromosomes after running a natural selector.

GPMatias
Hi, I been using Jgap for a week or so. I have an issue with TournamentSelector. If I start with a population of 10 chromosomes, after operate Tournament on the population I end with 10 chromosomes witch several are duplicates. Then when I go for crossOver the same chromosome gets crossOver with itself. I don't see a reason to keep a duplicate. I couldn't find a way to get rid of them(withow adding any new code to the framework).. Is there any setting I could pass to Tournament or configuration to get rid of the duplicate ones?.

Moreover I would like to ask why this has to be that way I couldn't find any answer reading the code or the jgap webPage

Best regards.
--Mathias.