Constraint checker and Chromosome.randomInitialChromosome()

Constraint checker and Chromosome.randomInitialChromosome()

Michael Chan-3
Hi,

It seems to me that even when the genes in a sample chromosome is set
with a constraint checker, the randomInitialChromosome() method does not
pass the constraint checker to the first generation. Would it be more
appropriate to let the first generation inherit the same constraint
checker as that of the sample chromosome?

Cheers,

Michael

RE: Constraint checker and Chromosome.randomInitialChromosome()

Klaus Meffert
Hello Michael,

You are absolutely right. The constraint checker should be called to verify
the first generation, too. My first investigation showed, that in Gene
implementations such as IntegerGene, in method setToRandomValue(...) the
method setAllele(..) is called which in turn uses the constraint checker to
verify the allele value. But in contrast, this does not happen in
StringGene.setRORandomValue(..). This is a bug that needs to be fixed (I'll
do that after sending this mail). Is the situation resolved for you after
fixing this bug in StringGene?

Great. It's all fine now.

Keep up the good work!!

Cheers,