About to JGAP

togan
Dear Mr. Mis.;

I try to learn JGAP. and Some question are arisen. Firstly

I used " conf.setPopulationSize(10); " command

and

" Population popu=population.getPopulation(); "

however size of populaiton change after using the above command (Population popu=population.getPopulation();). Why?

and how I use the Genetic operators? and How I update the population in following generation? by the way How ý define the maximum iteraiton number?

Can you send or suggest more useful and undrstandable samples?

Thanks for your interest

Sincerely;

Vedat Togan(Candidate PhD)
Karadeniz Technical University
Department of Civil Engineering
61080 Trabzon/Turkey
Tel: 90462 3772671

RE: About to JGAP

Klaus Meffert
Hello Vedat,

regarding the question about operators, see my other mail.
The pop. size changes due to optimzations going on. It is reduced to the
wanted size at every loop of iteration, but could be higher after an
iteration (which should be OK resp. Good, because more individuals raise the
changes of getting a fitter one).

The maximum number of iterations is defined either by calling evolve(number)
in class Genotype or looping as long as you want and calling evolve() for
each loop run.

Maybe you could have a look at the examples to get a clearer picture.